Sunday, March 11, 2007

Venice Beach Lady


After owning it for six months at least I decided to learn how to use the scanner on my Epson combo kit, and this morning I think I've figured out how to get a photo on the blog. Simple enough, but computer logic doesn't agree with me. Anyway, the first picture I'm going to put up is of a little girl who I saw on a doorstep in Venice Beach in 1989. If she was four then she will be about 22 now. I would love to email it to her if by some chance she should see this blog.
We had some heavy rain last night but judging by all the broken beer bottles on the streets and sidewalks it must not have deterred partiers. A party of another sort must have taken place on the train tracks below the Bayview construction site because there must have been at least a hundred discarded syringes piled up beside articles of bedding and clothing strewn all over.
But otherwise it was a pleasant walk across the bridge to Le Vieux Montreal where I am now having one of their tasty croissants. Thanks be to iPod that I can bring my own music. French pop music has its good points but doesn't take long to wear out its welcome. One of these days I'd like to get a set of earbuds that seal off outer noise. I kind of like being out in public but the music played in most places i otherwise like is atrocious.

No comments: