Saturday, August 4, 2007

Ogden Point







Had another little photo expedition after work last night, this time at the Ogden Point Cruise Ship Terminal. I was expecting five ships to come in, the number that normally docked on a Saturday evening last year when I was cab driving, but only three were scheduled. Never could just enjoy the sight before. Had a chat with the nice gal who was holding the reins of the horse trolley. I told her I didn't mind the horses (they kind of block the roads) as much as the pedicabs. She told me about an incident when a limo deliberately bumped one of her team. All the various conveyances waiting for the cruise ships go into a feeding frenzy during the few hours the ships are in.
It was a beautiful evening, I would say a perfect evening. Warm, not hot, with just a bit of a breeze. Rode my bike down there and afterward stopped at Spinnakers across the way from Ogden Point and enjoyed a pint of their IPA. Walked my bike the rest of the way home. Boy, does an IPA go down well after a bit of a bike ride.

No comments: